23rd Big Data London meetup @ Barclays Accelerator – BIGDATAWEEK SPECIAL EDITION
We’re excited to team with the Barclays Accelerator for the 23rd edition of the Big Data London meetup and make this event one of the key event of BigDataWeek2014 with our keynote speaker, one of the greatest data leaders: Barclays Chief Data Officer Usama Fayyad, previously Chief Data Officer and Executive VP at Yahoo!.
We look forward to another great and thought provoking networking opportunity.
6:30pm: Networking, food and drinks, courtesy of our sponsors
7:00pm: Main Talks
• Usama Fayyad, Chief Data Officer. Usama is the Chief Data Officer at Barclays. He is also Chairman of Oasis500, a tech investment in MENA. He was Chairman & CTO of ChoozOn Corp/Blue Kangaroo -a personalized mobile search engine for offer and previously was Chief Data Officer & Executive VP at Yahoo! where he applied Big Data techniques to content and advertising targeting and built the world’s largest group of data scientists.
• Sean Owen, Director of Data Science, Cloudera: Apache Spark as Cross-over Hit for Data Science. Apache Spark is a compelling multi-purpose platform for use cases that span investigative, as well as operational, analytics. This talk will briefly introduce Spark and how it fits in to the world of existing data science tools. Then it will give a taste of Scala, Spark and MLlib in action, live on a Hadoop cluster, to analyze the StackOverflow data set and generate tags for questions.
• James Anthony – Technology Director @ eDBA: Dealing with high volume realtime data at Passoker
• Martin Westergaard Lassen – Software pilot @ Trifork
• Adam Fowler (blog) – Principal Sales Engineer @ Marklogic
8:30pm: Raffle (Oracle Quadrocopter!), followed by more networking and drinks.
Make sure to check out our great sponsors who helped with this event.
Barclays Acccelerator: Powered by Techstars, the Barclays Accelerator is a 15-week programme run by a full-time, dedicated Techstars team. 10 startups will be selected to come to London to accelerate their FinTech businesses.
Cloudera: All modern enterprises strive to be information-driven, to make decisions based on data, not hunches, but getting there isn’t easy. No vendor is better equipped than Cloudera to help you deploy an enterprise data hub powered by Apache Hadoop.
We also would like to thank our lightning talk sponsors Oracle, Trifork and Marklogic.
If you are interested in speaking or sponsorship opportunities, please contact us.